To make sure you receive your badge notification email, and that it doesn't wind up in your spam folder, add email@example.com as a Contact or Safe Sender in your email settings.
Instructions for adding a new contact vary by email provider, so consult your email provider to learn how. Or contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of your email provider (Outlook, Gmail, etc) and we'll connect you with instructions. If you're email address is through a work network, you can also contact your network admin and ask that the email address email@example.com is white-listed.
Issued a badge but have not received an email notification from Acclaim? (firstname.lastname@example.org) Acclaim suggest the following:
- Check your email's spam/junk folder to see if the email notification was delivered there.
- Make sure the email address on file with your badge issuing organization is accurate.
- In some cases, a domain firewall can block emails from email@example.com. Acclaim suggests creating an account on the Acclaim platform with the email address the badge was issued too. This way, you can accept the badge from the Dashboard. If you already have an account registered to another email address, please add the email address your badge was issued to as a secondary to your account.
Acclaim also suggest adding a personal secondary email address to your account. This way if your email address changes, you will always be able to access your account. Remember, you can only request a password reset using your primary email address.
To add a secondary within your Acclaim account:
- Click on the profile icon in the upper right and select "Settings."
- You'll be taken directly to your "Account" page
- In the "Add another Email Address" box, add the additional email and click on the "Add" button
- You'll receive a confirmation email to the email you just added. Click the appropriate link to confirm the address.